Monday, March 20, 2017

le plan est réale

Febuary 6th 2017

Hi everyone!

I tried to make my sandwich become a 1 for my 1 year mark, 
but we were too hungry so it didn`t work, but it`s the thought the counts, right?

I`ve been pondering on what to share from this last week and was having a hard time deciding what to share, but then I came across an article on lds.org about the Plan of Salvation. It was written by a young girl who recounts the expérience she had after a very dear friend of hers pasted away, she explained how difficult it was, how shocked she had been, but ultimately the peace that she was able to come to. (here`s the article: https://www.lds.org/liahona/2017/02/youth/when-the-plan-became-real?lang=eng&_r=1&cid=HP_TH_2-2-2017_dPFD_fLHNA_xLIDyI-2_) The title of the article is «When the Plan Became Real» and I was very touched by truth that this young girl presented. This week we`ve had several opportunities to teach the Plan of Salvation (God`s plan that He created for us) to members who`ve heard these truths before, and also to people who had never heard of the word Resurrection. And it was a wonderful experience as the simple truths were able to touch their hearts as well as ours.

Look at the cute cutouts!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. they`re so perfect in lessons, really thank you Becca. (and this week I added the little French sticky notes, now even my teaching materials are bilingual now)

We taught with visual aids that were provided from this last Christmas. Rebecca (huge shoutout Becca, they`re literally perfect thank you a million thank yous) sent me little cutouts of the Plan of Salvation and it was powerful as we taught with them this week. We taught about our pre-earth life as we layed down the soft little circle, and continued to simply explain each principle. And continued to testify as we helped them understand the word «Atonement» and what it meant for us. We shared of God`s love for us as we explained there was place that He prepared for all of His children to stay after they parted with their mortal body. And we smiled as we taught that through Jesus Christ we would be able to have a perfect body one day, because He conquered both spiritual and physical death for us. And then we shared the beautiful truth about how our families can live together forever in God`s presence and know complete joy; that was when their smiles got bigger too.

God`s plan is really so beautiful and so clear, that even a child can understand it, and they did this week as we showed them and helped them come to know more about their purpose here on earth, and their amazing divine potential. I have a testimony of that. And it`s been a testimony that has grown a lot, in the year it`s been since I became a missionary, and each day I still learn something new, and I`m so grateful for that. Time flies so fast, but I`m so happy to know that there is a purpose to all of it. The Plan is real.

I hope everyone has a great, safe, and happy week.

Sister Thomas

 We brought a pizza for julie in the hospital because she kept saying that`s all she wanted in life. Challenge accepted, and the dream was fulfilled. We love her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment