Tuesday, June 6, 2017

When your favorite day ever is SUNDAY

5th June 2017

Hello everyone!

Can't believe another week has already pasted and June is already here. Time really is a fleeting thing. Saturday was my 16th month being a missionary. And I think these next few months will be the best yet. So much is happening in this area and we can hardly keep up!

When you hit your 16 month mark and you're really tired...

Everyone and their child (not the expression, but for this circumstance it fits) came to church yesterday and me and Sister Bolander were running around the whole three hours. It was the first time at church for three of them, and we tried to have members help us welcome them and show them where to go, but man it was crazy. But so fun. We talked to most of them afterwards and they said they loved it and wanted to come back. For the most part it was mothers and their children who came, so that was more fun to see how the kids liked it. 

So to follow up from last week, we went with Ryan to our dinner appointment at a local members home and it was the best thing in the world. He loved it so much and the members did so good at making him feel at home. He kept saying "this is the second best meal I've ever had... and I haven't had the first one yet!" He was just so happy to be there. It reminded me about how we all have those feelings of wanting to belong and wanting to be loved, and living in the hectic world it's hard to find either of those things coupled with a good and wholesome environment. But I know there is a way to have those feelings fulfilled, and it's through the gospel of Jesus Christ and His church. That's what Nicole has kept telling us, she feels so happy at church or whenever she is around church members because she feels that she belongs, and she feels that she is loved and valued. Church is where we have those feelings, we know we belong because we realize we are all children of God, and we know we are loved because His spirit is there in such abundance that it just gives you a bunch of warm fuzzies. It has become a very happy place for many of the people we care so much about here.

I get to feel warm fuzzies whenever I get to help someone along their way back to God. I get warm fuzzies when people feel happier and lighter after learning more about the gospel. I get warm fuzzies when I get to share my testimony about Jesus Christ. I love Him and I know that He loves all of us perfectly. 
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear...
We love him, because he first loved us." 1 John 4: 18-19

Our favorite French family in the ward, we love sharing the Restoration with members!!

I love you all!
Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment