Monday, August 8, 2016

Time and Prayers

August 8th

Helloooooo,

Sisters temple trip with my trainer Sister Hoffmann!

Another great week in Kirkland! The work is continuing here, and we are just here to be helpers in it. One thing I've learned this week is just that I'm the messenger of the truth. We can't force anyone or push annoying into accepting our message, nor do we want to, but all we do as missionaries is just lay it out in front of them and invite them to partake in the blessings it brings. And when people do choose to partake, to pray, to read, to change ultimately, I can honestly say that it is the happiest process I've ever seen unfold.

ahhhh so much love for our Sister Training Leaders
 
So that process is what we have to keep in mind when, we as missionaries, are rejected or shrugged off, because when we can remember what CAN happen it helps us keep our eyes focused on what is ahead of us, of the potential of the people around us, and the blessings the gospel WILL bring into lives of these people.

Our investigators are doing well. Progressing and reaping the rewards that come from feeling the spirit more abundantly in their lives. Sister Morgan and I are doing well and we are excited for this coming week and the potential it brings. I would like to ask, if I can ask, that you pray for us and our investigators. Pray that we can find people to teach, people that will receive us and the gospel, and pray for our investigators so that they can have the courage and faith to continue on in learning the gospel of Jesus Christ. We feel your prayers already, but we have seen the blessings that can come from specific prayers. They are powerful. Specific prayers can bring specific blessings. I know that to be true. 

BRIDGET HAD THE BABY AND HE'S BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE HIM. 
World, meet baby Great :) featuring Awesome.

I've also thought a lot about time this week. Last week I hit 6 months as a missionary. And at the same time I hit two years since I had left for Basic Training. What a remarkable thing it is to look back at what's happened over the course of two years and the growth and the different experiences I've been able to have. Each experience has changed me and shaped me into what I know the Lord whats me to become. It reminds me of that scripture in Isaiah, 

"But now, O Lord, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." (Isaiah 64:8)

He is the Master Potter, and through our experiences, He is changing us and molding us into what He wants us to become. And I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for time and the consequences that come from it.

That's all this week, hopefully next weeks email will be more dynamic (and hey that should come with the help of your prayers), but know that I'm grateful for blessings that come from being a missionary and the support I have from friends and family. 

Sister Thomas
 
 MY MISSION IS SO BEAUTIFUL LOOK. THE SKY THE WATER AHHHH SO BEAUTIFUL

No comments:

Post a Comment