Friday, August 26, 2016

Week 29

August 22 2016

Woooow hellooo!


It's been a fun week here in Kirkland and I'll just catch everyone up with the highlights. 

We had some awesome dinner's with the members here and shared a spiritual thought about the Book of Mormon. We have a goal as a mission to teach more from the Book of Mormon and to teach the doctrine it contains very simply to the people we visit, members and non-members alike. We watched this video together (I know I've attached it before, but it's just too good to not share again) https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-11-018-a-book-of-mormon-story?lang=eng&country=ca and talked about how the Book of Mormon can really provide answers to the questions we have and help us learn more about Jesus Christ. And it was so fun to promise them blessings that I've seen come as I've read it in the past, and especially since I've been a missionary. Reading the Book of Mormon everyday does make a huge difference in our lives. A young man even gave a talk about it in church yesterday! He said that he made a goal to read it every day for 30 days and he said that as he did that, he came to see the scriptures with new eyes, that the stories became new and more meaningful to him as he actually read with the intent to know if the book was true. And that's a thing we promise every person we meet, we promise them that they can come to a knowledge for themselves about the truthfulness and divinity of the Book of Mormon. And that's so cool! Because it's true. And it's because Heavenly Father wants to answer our prayers. Because He loves us SO MUCH.

We also had some lessons with our investigators, and they're doing so good! We taught Salman a little about the Plan of Salvation, and we focused on the question "Where did we come from?" and it was wonderful to see him make connections with the things we taught him. He basically had all the right ideas, we just filled in the little wholes and made his puzzle complete.

I found a scripture that really resonated with me this past week, it's found in the Book of Mormon and it's a prophet, Alma, who's talking about his own missionary experience; and I found how much in common I had with him. The verse says "And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me" (Alma 29:10 https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/29.1?lang=eng). I have felt that same joy Alma talks about. As I've seen people come unto Christ, I've been able to reflect and see in detail all that He has done for me! And it is soooo much. His arms of mercy really are extended out towards all us, and I have felt them in the moments I've needed them. God and Christ are aware of us, They know us and love us so much. That is something I know is true. 

I hope you all have fantastic week, and remember how much the Lord and I love you! 
Sister Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment