Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 32

September 12th

Okay I have noooooo time today but I will try and share some awesome things that happened this week!

*We went on exchanges with the Sisters in Montreal and guess who I was with... SISTER BARNES MY MTC COMPANION! She became the new Sister Training Leader last month and so we got to be companions once again and it was sooooo fun. She was brand new to the city, and I had only been there a few times so we just walked around and tried not to get too lost using the bus and metro system. But it was so fun to teach and to testify with her again. We have both grown so much since the MTC and it was awesome to share experiences and tips. We met this young man at the bus stop and he was from Rwanda, and had moved to Canada alone just 3 weeks prier and spoke very very limited English. But we told him about the gospel and about how the church could be his family here. We told him that we were his friends and that we had a message to share. He was so grateful and thankful he almost started crying (and so did we). We talked him to the church (it was like a 10 minute walk) and showed him how to get there via the metro system. It was a super cool contact. 

*We taught a lesson in half Spanish and French last night to one of our new investigators. Sister Morgan did AMAZING in Spanish and it was so perfect. We have 2 more Spanish lessons coming up this week, so I better start practicing. 

*We read scriptures with one of our less active members who we haven't gotten to see in FOREVER, and it was so beautiful. We read in Mosiah 27 (https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mosiah/27?lang=eng) about Alma's conversion story and we laughed and cried as we read the scriptures and applied them to our own lives. I love the Book of Mormon. It is so true and so pure. And I'm so happy I get to be here sharing it with people. The scriptures are a gift God has given us, and we get to read them and ponder them whenever we like. AH they are such a blessing. 

Being a missionary is wonderful. It is hard, but as I've tried to have a better attitude and a renewed desire to help people this week, miracles have definitely come. I'm so happy to be here. 

Have a great week everyone!

Sister Thomas

(I forgot my camera this week so no pictures, I know I'm sorry I'm the worst)

No comments:

Post a Comment