Monday, January 2, 2017

le nouvel an

January 2nd

BONNE ANNÉE MES AMIS!!!! :)

 Happy new year! we had fun at the party, we stayed for 10 minutes. 
don't worry, we were in bed by 10:30.

WOW. 2017 is here. It's finally come. Even though Sister Dinge and I have been praying and asking God to slow down time, it has caught up to us. This year will bring with it a lot of changes, lots of things will be happening, within the coming days and months, and now our prayers have changed to asking Heavenly Father to help us keep up.

The week in between Christmas and New Years is a week of reflection. Of how the year was, and how the next year can be. And after a wonderful interview with my Mission President I know what I want to be focusing on this year. Peace. And the peace that can come into our lives from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I want to help myself find moments of peace, quietness and stillness, which is difficult in the busy city of Montreal, and even more difficult with the added business of being a missionary. Often times we get too caught up in things that are happening around us, too overwhelmed with the list of things that needs to be done, and I, myself, am guilty of those things, and sometimes those feelings can show on my face. Which is not the best circumstance for a missionary, who is a representative of Christ, who should always be letting the Light of Christ be shown in their countenance. So this year, while I still get to be a missionary, I want to focus on finding that peace, that stillness and tranquility, even in the busiest of times, and letting that be what will draw people to the gospel. 

I think my Mission President summed it up perfectly when he said, "there is a power in being centered in the peacefulness of the gospel." That is true. And that is my goal for this year, is to find that power, and to use that power to help my brothers and sisters to find the way to true and enduring happiness. 

And going along with the theme of a new year, this week included a lot of new people. We found several people who are interested in learning more about the gospel, and the best part is that some of them are families. Families that can grow together in their knowledge and their faith, and families that can support each other in the gospel. Families are so important and sooo special. And we get to start teaching some!!! 

In Haiti, there's a tradition where on New Years Day, they eat SOUP. 
Here's a picture of our soup party!

I hope you all had a wonderful week and that you've made meaningful goals for this new year. Make it the best year ever!!

Love,
Sister Thomas

 "Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me."
D&C 19: 23
 
 Doing service at a members home. 
Sister Dinge prefers that I take the selfies in this companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment