Sunday, January 1, 2017

le Christ éclaire tout

December 26th
 While Christmas caroling one night, we found the Tree of Life!!!


happy boxing day everyone!! 🎁📦🗃

(it's like Canadian equivalent of Black Friday) I hope everyone had a beautiful and blessed Christmas. There is really no time of year that can compare with the wonderful spirit and feelings that accompany Christmas. This Christmas was very very special for Sister Dinge and I, et pour ça, nous sommes infiniment reconnaissante.
 

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were spent in the best way possible, being diligently concerned for the well being of our brothers and sisters. We spent the holidays mostly in people homes, spending time with them, making crepes for them, eating amazing feasts with them, helping them wrap last minute presents, and lots and lots of singing. Pretty sure I know the Christmas songs better in French than English now. (and yes they are my favorite, French is way cuter than English) 

No Christmas in my life has compared to yesterday, and no Christmas in the future will be able to, so I've continually expressed gratitude to my Father in Heaven for Him blessing me with this amazing area, with my great companion, and for all the miracles He has given us this week.



Making crepes with my favorite Korean family!!

And I know all the blessings that have come to our companionship this week, all the happiness we have felt, has come from our Savior. As we have focused our studies on Him and His life this past week, we have felt ourselves growing closer to Him; and He really has been the light of this whole Christmas season. We sang a song in the choir in the ward, that I really think captures the essence of Christmas. The song is "Still, Still, Still" in English (and honestly have no idea how it goes in English) but in French it is "Paix, Paix, Paix" (paix, meaning peace). And in French there is one line where it says "le Christ éclaire tout" and for me, that has been my theme this Christmas. No matter what darkness we have around us, no matter what is happening in the world, we can know that Christ illuminates, or enlightens, all. 
 

Eating Christmas dinner with our recent convert family! 
AKA my favorite Congolese people ever!!! 
(Congolese = they're from the Congo, ie, AMAZING food!)

Jesus Christ can give us rest, peace, and eternal happiness. And there are is no better way to explain that by reading His own words when He told His disciples,

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Have a beautiful week everyone, and Happy New Year!
Sister Thomas
 
 
People in Quebec are super festive. 
the best part is how Mickey and Minnie are scaring the snowmen, 
me and Sister Dinge have been reenacting that throughout the week.




 using the bus system is ALWAYS a party!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment