Monday, May 15, 2017

The Grave Hath No Victory!

18th April 2017

 Happy Easter!!!
Easter it wouldn't stop raining, so a member gave us a giant umbrella to borrow.

Hi everyone!

Bonne fête de Pâques!!! Hope everyone had a super wonderful Easter. It's such a special Holiday, and its even more special as a missionary, were we have the unique opportunity to be able to talk about and preach of Christ at every moment. It truly is joyous time.

Last week I said I would make this email more Easter-ish. So, here it goes. My companion and I were asked to give talks this past Sunday at church, of course about Christ. And in preparation for that I reflected a lot over things that have happened in my own life and how because of those things my relationship with Christ has grown. Through various experiences in my life Jesus Christ has become more than just a person who existed a long time ago, who taught good principles, and helped people. Jesus Christ has become my best friend and as I've seen Him as the Divine Son of God that He is, I have ponder about what He has done for me, and about what it means for the rest of humanity. I've come to understand that Jesus Christ has given me second chances and third chances, and unending amounts of patience to help me change and become better. He has given me strength and given me a source of peace to turn to. He has given me things to hope for, namely, the possibility to live with Him again. He has conquered physical death and given us the chance to live after this life. He has given me the way to be united with my family forever. Truly, "the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ. He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." Mosiah 16: 8-9

I know that Christ lives today, that He loves us and that He has prepared incredible things for those who but accept Him and chose to love Him. 

And that's all I want to say today. As for everything else, everything else is great. We are happy and healthy. 

We call ourselves the Cigarette Annihilators !!! 
(this is what you do when you have an investigator that smokes, 
you take their pack and then rip it up,
 but before you have to take a fierce picture to prove it)

One of our friends lives right next to this house that has the most obnoxious dog ever. 
Every time we go, me and him have a braking battle. 
This time I think he won because I just couldn't stop laughing

Love you all,
Sister Thomas
 
P.S.
 Poutine straight from heaven (don't worry mom, we'll eat here)

No comments:

Post a Comment