Friday, April 1, 2016

Happy Easter!

BONJOUR TOUT LE MONDE
 
This week, we got to visit so many members, less active members, and people who are looking into the church, and it was such a blessing! The people here in Kirkland are truly amazing. 

Last Tuesday, we had the opportunity to visit a few members who live about 40 minutes away (who commute 40 minutes to church, so they're the real MVP's) and we got go on a nature walk with them through a beautiful forest. On the walk we talked about God and His wonderful creations and how appreciative we should be for all the blessing He's given us. Then when we came back to the house and had dinner but for desert they gave a special, very Canadian treat. They brought out ice cream and REAL maple syrup and just told us to go crazy. Soooo, we did. And let me tell you, the maple syrup here is AMAZING. That's just the only way to describe it. And with some vanilla ice cream and sliced almonds, it almost put me in cardiac arrest (in a good way).

Wilderness!!!


We also go to watch General Women's Conference on Saturday with the sisters in our ward, it was such a special experience! And with almost every talk being about serving one another, not for want of recognition but just out of pure love in our hearts, it made me THAT much more motivated to work as hard as I can as missionary. I feel like the luckiest person in the world because each day, for the next almost 16 months, I get to serve my Father in Heaven and help people come unto Christ. What better things could I be doing with my time? NOTHING, LET ME TELL YOU. Being a missionary is the best thing in the world. The hardest thing I've ever done, that's for sure. Way harder than High School or College or anything the Army has thrown at me. But, heck, am I grateful for these experiences. 

This week I've learned patience, with myself and with others, because there were some days were I just felt like I could never learn the French language, and I would just be upset, but after prayer, and humbling myself before my Father, I can see how I've been able to improve. Yesterday we taught 2 lessons in French, and I actually contributed to the lessons instead of just sitting there quietly nodding. Sooo progress is happening, people! French really is beautiful, I sure love it. Can't wait to be good at it. 
 
Finding my zen in the Canadian Wilderness

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Easter. The weather was absolutely beautiful here in Montreal, with clear skies and sunshine all day, even the weather was rejoicing in the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior. 

And I hope everyone is as excited as I am about GENERAL CONFERENCE. Man I've been looking forward to this weekend for the past 6 months. I can't wait to hear the words of the Prophet and his apostles, as they testify of Christ and tell us what we should be doing to best improve our lives. 

I know that Christ lives. He is RISEN! And because He was resurrected, I know that we all can be too. That after this life our bodies and souls will be reunited, in a perfect state, and "a hair of the head shall not be lost" (Alma 40: 23. READ IT. Oh and Alma 41 and 42. Some of my most favorite chapters of scripture). I'm honored to be one of His missionaries right now. What a blessing it is that I get to wear His name on my chest everyday. 

Remember, Christ is real. He did come to earth, establish His church, and perform the Atonement so that all mankind may be saved. He is our elder brother and He loves us. 

I will never not testify of His divinity.
I love you all,
Sister Thomas
 
  There was an ice/snow storm the other day. 
Hopefully the last one, but Canada just wanted to give me a taste of it's freezingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment